This article attemps to explore the concept of shura and its possibility to be an ethical foundation of Islamic Political Thought. In order to discuss this issue, the main focus will be directed on two main discussion; The ground concepts of Islamic Political Thought, and The Islamic concepts: shura (consultation) It is already known that shura concepts has been widely interpreted as a theoretical basis for electoral democracy in Islam. The main purpose is to present a more philosopical view of Islamic political thought throught it ethical basis and to show that is possible to enrich the discourse on Islamic political though with ethical concept within Islamic dogma
shura, ethics, islamic political thought
- Abdurrahman, Taha Rūḥ al-diin min dhayq al-‘almaniyah ilaa sa’ati al-I’timaniyah, (Casablanca : Al-Markaz al-tsaqafiy al-arabiy,2012)
- Al-Buthi, Muhammad, Fiqh al-Sirah (Jurisprudence of the Biography of the Prophet) (Cairo: Dar al-Fikr, 1980)
- Al-Ghazali , Muhammad, Fiqh al-Sirah (Jurisprudence of the Biography of the Prophet) (Cairo: Dar al-Kutub al-Haditha, 1976)
- Ali, Fachry, “Musyawarah dan Demokrasi sebagai Dasar Etika Politik Islami,” Makalah, Disampaikan pada Konferensi Islamic Studies, Dirjen Pendidikan Islam, Kemenag, Palembang, 4 Nov 2008
- Al-Raysuni, Ahmad, Al-Shura: The Quranic Principle of Consultation, (London: The International Institute Of Islamic Thought, 2012)
- Al-Shatibi, Ibrahim, Al-I‘tisam (The Adherence) (Beirut: Dar al-Ma‘rifa, 1980).
- Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, Al-Hulul Al-Mustawrada,
- Ashour, Omar, “Democratic Islam? Assessing the Bases of Democracy in Islamic Political Thought,” https://www.mcgill.ca/mes/files/mes/MJMES9Ashour.pdf
- Effendy, Bahtiar, Islam dan Negara: Transformasi Gagasan dan Praktik Politik Islam di Indonesia, (Jakarta : Democracy Project, 2011)
- El-Fadl, Khalid Abou, “Islam and the Challenge of Democracy”, (Princeton University Press, 2004)
- Maududi, Abu al-A‘la, Mabadi‘ al-Islam wa Falsafah al-Hukum (Cairo: Dar al-Shuruq, 1967)
- Rahman Fazlur, Prinsip-prinsip Syura dan Peranan Ulama Dalam Islam, (ed), Muntaz Muhammad, Bandung: Mizan1994)
- Rizky HK, Muhammad. “Membaca Pemikiran Taha Abdurrahman Tentang Etika Politik Islam”. Politea : Jurnal Politik Islam 3, no. 2 (August 27, 2020): 273 - 286. Accessed March 3, 2021. https://journal.uinmataram.ac.id/index.php/politea/article/view/2339.